What's new

Alibre Speed Test v24 to v25

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Seems like the baseline improvement went backwards to nearly V23 speeds.

To test for yourself use the attached AlibreScripts and part. You will need to edit the path for the part in each script from 'C:\Users\Gamer\Documents\PartNameHere.AD_PRT' to wherever you placed the part.
Then for each script create a new assembly and run the script. It will output the time in the console.

1655871751120.png

Attachments

• Test Baseline.py
    1.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Test Method 1.py
    1.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Test Method 2.py
    2.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Test Method 3.py
    2 KB · Views: 6
  • PartNameHere.AD_PRT
    315 KB · Views: 7

Cator

Nate I tried your test and the results are mixed.... I did notice a noticeable improvement in the system options tab and grids for customizing shortcuts, though. My Kudos to the development team.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
It's interesting how differently it runs on different computers. V25 seems to be at least as fast as V24 on my computer, maybe a little quicker.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Just to be clear I'm using Windows 7 which is no longer supported/tested. However there is definitely a problem when an update makes some code operations 87% slower than the previous version on the same machine.

Nate I tried your test and the results are mixed.... I did notice a noticeable improvement in the system options tab and grids for customizing shortcuts, though. My Kudos to the development team.
How often do you go into options? How often do you customize shortcuts? Not nearly as often as creating parts, adding sketches, and extruding.

Cator

Perhaps I was not clear.
In my system, with windows 11 , I had noticeable improvement over your tests. I did not measure in percentages but here is a slight improvement!
Also I appreciated the speed improvement on the Options system and wanted to point it out.
I agree with you that the creation of parts sketches and assemblies is prioritized over anything else it would be missed however in my specific case it was something that was nagging me since when I import the customization file on other machines I work with not all the shortcuts are saved so I have to reset them manually......