• Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • East Asia / Pacific / Oceania

• Other

• Total voters
Alibre user geographic locations

I'm just curious as to where we're all located. This might provide fodder for local user groups, too.

ARC Technologies (my employer) is in Massachusetts, in the North East US.

I tried to construct the poll options to be most useful for what I'm guessing the distributions are (e.g., heavy in the US). They're not intended to be politically balanced. My apologies if I left anywhere out or slighted anyone.

US regions are based mainly on this map:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Map_ ... egions.png

And also this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_re ... ted_States

Mibe

Alibre Super User

Interesting... USA is divided into 6 areas but Europe (which is larger than USA) is bulked with west Asia :)

Re:

Mibe said:
Interesting... USA is divided into 6 areas but Europe (which is larger than USA) is bulked with west Asia :)

As I said, it's not intended to be politically balanced. If I had to guess, I would guess that there are more Alibre users in the US than in the rest of the world combined. Of course, it's entirely possible I'm way off and will be proven wrong, in which case, we can always have another poll. :)

EDIT - I might add that I was limited to 10 poll choices by the forum software. I originally had things split up more, but had to make some sacrifices.

indesign

Alibre Super User

Actually the USA is 5 areas and the entire rest of the American continent is grouped into 1 by itself. :shock:

Polls are very limited and I ran into the problem before in what I was allowed to place. Making it too simple seems to irritate people. Thats why I try not to do them.

Re:

indesign said:
Actually the USA is 5 areas and the entire rest of the American continent is grouped into 1 by itself.

Actually, there is more than one American continent. ;-)

My original attempt listed North and South America separately, along with some other stuff. Silly forum software. :)

indesign said:
Making it too simple seems to irritate people.

Only people who can't read. ;-)

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

14% so far in America outside the US.

Just wondering if that means a lot of users in Canada or in Latin America ? It would be nice to know.

I know we had Barry Kingwell from South Africa participating a lot in the forum. Now he only makes a casual entry at Yahoo but he still uses AD for sure.

This seems like an iteresting subject. Maybe we could get some direct stats from Alibre (they should know, right? :wink: ) if it isn't a marketing mega secret.