What's new

Alibre User "Shot Gallery"

Sturmer

How did you made "rust" material? Custom material made using Textures and Bump-maps or there is some trick to it?

PS. This is hope fully my final version of fully aluminum made relative small (1200 mm x 600 mm cutting bed) CNC router. Any design suggestions , criticism is greatly appreciated!

PS. This will be my first whole finished project , made with all the drawings ,and all the part list's ,all the models in it. Sadly only one thing is missing (the geared nut and spindle with table so i can make few simple simulation animations)

Attachments

• untitled_turntable77.1.jpg
    untitled_turntable77.1.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 267

TCAST

Just playing around w/ the gem materials...

And I gotta say...The way the lights are reflected in the bottom picture is really impressive.

Attachments

• Rendertest1.21.jpg
    Rendertest1.21.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 288
  • Rendertest1.20.jpg
    Rendertest1.20.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 240

Ralf

Alibre Super User
KeyShot V2.1.25

"Jet Engine" Screenshot

Attachments

• Jet_Engine_2.5.jpg
    Jet_Engine_2.5.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 270

LinearLarry

Just getting started with Shot. Looks like it can be a very nice tool. Loving Alibre too!

To get started in using Shot a bit more is there a good place to find 3D Models. For now, free would be nice.

Shot 2011

Attachments

• Honda-NSX-Yellow_MtlEnv 1.jpg
    Honda-NSX-Yellow_MtlEnv 1.jpg
    670.9 KB · Views: 213

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Just getting started with Shot. Looks like it can be a very nice tool. Loving Alibre too!

FYI, the product Alibre sells is called "KeyShot". "Shot" is a different product made by the company that used to sell HyperShot, which is now KeyShot sold by a different company. It's all so much...I'll spare you the details of the drama from a year ago.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know. "Shot" has a specific meaning at this point in time as a product name so if you are in fact using KeyShot say that b/c otherwise people might get confused. This forum is called "shot gallery" because, as you might guess, images made using KeyShot and probably Shot are also called "shots"... :lol:

Thanks!
Max

Sturmer

Max said:
FYI, the product Alibre sells is called "KeyShot". "Shot" is a different product made by the company that used to sell HyperShot, which is now KeyShot sold by a different company. It's all so much...I'll spare you the details of the drama from a year ago.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know. "Shot" has a specific meaning at this point in time as a product name so if you are in fact using KeyShot say that b/c otherwise people might get confused. This forum is called "shot gallery" because, as you might guess, images made using KeyShot and probably Shot are also called "shots"... :lol:

Thanks!

Max

I just got Brain freeze XD ... :lol:

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Just something I was playing around with...

:wink:

Attachments

• Cell Phone.76.jpg
    Cell Phone.76.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 169

bigseb

Alibre Super User
And another one: moving half of a 4-cavity lunch box mould, showing the stripper plate forward and stripper plate back

Attachments

• Mould Assembly.85.jpg
    Mould Assembly.85.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 159
  • Moving Side - strippers forward.91.jpg
    Moving Side - strippers forward.91.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 180

v8dave

This was a design I did for a local client. I sent them this image and they thought it was the real thing.

The enclosure is an OKW supplied step model which I then modified with holes etc, as is the 2 switches from NKK and the handles from Hammond.

The front panel, the LCD, antenna etc where all created in Alibre Design. Internally there are full 3D models of the PCB's which where created with the PCB software I use.

The outputs from Keyshot are pretty impresive and I find them good enough for brochures and documents. They save me the bother of having to setup studio lighting etc to take conventional camera shots of the final products! :)

The other beauty of doing all this in Alibre is that I get things like hole alignment right first time every time and make sure that nothing interferes or touches, which is important for me as I primarily do small runs or one off projects.

Dave...

Attachments

• TorqueLoggerAssembly.83.jpg
    TorqueLoggerAssembly.83.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 194

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Here's a couple of recent efforts. I was messing with DOF and 'vignetting' in the second one - not quite got the hang of it yet...

Attachments

• Chamber_SIM.jpg
    Chamber_SIM.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 178
  • EH_chamber#1.jpg
    EH_chamber#1.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 184

bigseb

Alibre Super User
A small punch for the manufacture of aluminium water channel covers.

Attachments

• Punch 003.jpg
    Punch 003.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Punch 002.jpg
    Punch 002.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 172
  • Punch 001.jpg
    Punch 001.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 175

bigseb

Alibre Super User