What's new

Alibre User "Shot Gallery"

neilr

Ok watched the webinar from december and then tweeked a few more settings and got this...Just need to get a gloved hand to hold it....

Attachments

• Alatnean.jpg
    Alatnean.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 201

neilr

WEll I am still working on it but here is an early version...

And here is a closer look at the thrones...Still trying to get the textures right.. and I am having trouble with interior lighting....

Any hints and tips would be great.... I won't cry about criticism (as far as you know) so long as you have some solutions for me :)

Attachments

• Hall1.14.jpg
    Hall1.14.jpg
    670.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Hall1.15.15.jpg
    Hall1.15.15.jpg
    700.8 KB · Views: 193

rollin45

neilr

There was a webinar today and the host showed some great tips! They said it would be posted along with the tips.

Your work is looking very good to me!

keep on keepin' on

rollin'

neilr

I have removed most of the throne room tha is not needed for the shot in order to get the light i needed. Also I have changed my materials a bit.....

Attachments

• Keyshots.jpg
    Keyshots.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 208

neilr

New to KS but here is my effort at getting my DIY home built CNC project rendered.

It was designed in alibre of course

Attachments

• cnc2.54.jpg
    cnc2.54.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 213

bigseb

Alibre Super User
This is a little project I did to experiment with helical extrusion following a circular axis. The ring you see my wedding band, so its not one of my own creations. I just wanted to see if it was possible to model the twisted bands around a circular axis in Alibre. Once again Alibre did not disappoint.

Never ceases to amaze me how far Alibre Design will take me. :D

The whole set and a downloadable model can be found here

Attachments

• 004.178.jpg
    004.178.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 005.179.jpg
    005.179.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 001.175.jpg
    001.175.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 53

bigseb

Alibre Super User
depasquale said:
I looked at the grabcad file but it is an iges file. can you send me the native alibre file?

Sure, let me just fiddle with the display settings to get the file size down a bit (currently about 150Mb). I'll let you know.

EDIT: Done.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
You could just roll the Dog Bone up the tree to the first feature. That's helped me to reduce the file size before. :)

bigseb

Alibre Super User
HaroldL said:
You could just roll the Dog Bone up the tree to the first feature. That's helped me to reduce the file size before. :)

Cool! Didn't know that! The reason why my files are so big is cause my minimum circular facets are set to 150. I know it sounds like overkill bur hate it when I zoom into an area only to be confronted with straight lines as opposed to curves. Hate it!

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
bigseb said:
This is a little project I did to experiment with helical extrusion following a circular axis. The ring you see my wedding band, so its not one of my own creations. I just wanted to see if it was possible to model the twisted bands around a circular axis in Alibre. Once again Alibre did not disappoint.

Never ceases to amaze me how far Alibre Design will take me. :D

The whole set and a downloadable model can be found here

Impressive model bigseb. And here I thought you came upon a previously unknown function in GD/Alibre's Helical Boss. As it turns out you created a circular pattern of a Loft defining one "twist" of the band. Very creative use of a Loft, though. Could you have used the Twisted Helix Maker?

JST

Alibre Super User
Here is a model made both because I needed to make a part for the device, and because I wanted some nice rendered shots of mechanical "things".

Attachments

• Universal grinding fixture 1A.jpg
    Universal grinding fixture 1A.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 46

JST

Alibre Super User
Thank you...

I still have not got the nut, nor the metal in the "vise" or "clamp" to really look right. I have lots to learn about Keyshot.

JST

Alibre Super User
I've been playing around with this for weeks in spare time. Finally got the outside form of the crankcase to look decent. There are still some "funnies" but I'm letting them go for the moment.

It's still incomplete, and I need to develop a much better "steel" appearance in Keyshot for the propshaft etc, and the filler cap, particularly.... But it's a start

A bit of improvement. I like the steel better, although it still is too perfect... I wanted it blotchier , but not a LOT blotchier. Also duller, less specular reflection.

added details, have not worked on the steel material, although it is growing on me, just as long as I could dull it a bit

Attachments

• A-40 engine incomplete 2.jpg
    A-40 engine incomplete 2.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 23
  • A-40 engine incomplete 6.jpg
    A-40 engine incomplete 6.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 18
  • A-40 engine incomplete 8.jpg
    A-40 engine incomplete 8.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 22

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Now that I've gotten past most of the GMD issues, here's a couple of images of a stationary bike trainer I've been working on. These are just screenshots that I let cook for 300 samples. The Geometry Editor came in real handy for this.

Attachments

• TrainerFlywheel.27.jpg
    TrainerFlywheel.27.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 14
  • TrainerFlywheel.26.jpg
    TrainerFlywheel.26.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 14

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Keyshot v6 introduces the material graph which gives you much more control over materials, textures and labels.
I was messing with the material graph this morning...

I'm no expert - some of the examples on the Keyshot forum are stunning.

Attachments

• Keyshot (2).jpg
    Keyshot (2).jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Keyshot (5).jpg
    Keyshot (5).jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Keyshot (1).jpg
    Keyshot (1).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 28

JST

Alibre Super User
Some of that steel material looks far better than what I have gotten before.....