What's new

Alibre V.25 x Sprutcam X V.16

Suppakit

Hi Everyone, I need to share the choice to make the value added for Alibre Design, I just have both authorized partners of Alibre and Sprutcam in Thailand, I also have a project to sell an affordable package of CAD+CAM to make the new market instead Solidwork, Solidcam, Cimatron, NX, and Mastercam. I just show how to make a Sprutcam addon to Alibre and it is very convenient to transfer the Alibre part directly to Sprutcam to make a toolpath, I will update the test result again.

Attachments

• Add in1.png
    Add in1.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Add in2.png
    Add in2.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 29

H.C

just did an sprut x5 update...nope still no go (Addin doesn't recognize Alibre v25 on your system. Can't be enable to apply.
(did report this month's ago @ sprut support)

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
If you are using SprutCAM 5, that is pretty old software - the are currently on SC 16, so maybe the older SC versions don't understand the more recent Alibre file formats.

Suppakit

If you are using SprutCAM 5, that is pretty old software - the are currently on SC 16, so maybe the older SC versions don't understand the more recent Alibre file formats.
Hi Mike, I used Sprutcam x16 which is the updated version, but I have some bugs with the addon to Alibre V25, I have re-install V24 instead, and it has done an I update to V25 later it still has the Sprutcam addon, Currently, I can make the toolpath and simulation very easy without export to neutral file as another non-add-on CAM software, I think it worth and love to have both Alibre and Sprutcam.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 15

H.C

using Sprutcam x16 the version with 5axis...
not sure how Suppakit get it to work :) (i'm new to alibre ...he he don't have v24, only v25)
i just save it as .Step file & it updates in Sprutcam. (using the Rhyno7 importer)

Last edited:

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Every build of V25 and beyond has a different install path, so multiple versions can be installed and run on the same PC. As a consequence of this any addons need to be updated to find and run the Alibre API.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Every build of V25 and beyond has a different install path, so multiple versions can be installed and run on the same PC. As a consequence of this any addons need to be updated to find and run the Alibre API.
Unless you force the newer versions to install in the original Alibre Design directory! Defeats the ability to run side-by-side, but you can use older add-ons still (if the graphics engine calls are still compatible).

But yes, it's up to Add-On providers to update their add-ons to use the 'newer' and more robust install and registry key mechanism found in v25 onwards.