What's new

Alibre V9.0 write-up in MCAD

moyesboy

Alibre Super User

In the same issue, alibre gets no mention in an article entitled "the open format war".
Alibre step format is supposed to be open, and alibre express is a free tool that can be used to view/edit that step.

The British spelling of "draughting" always makes me do a double-take. Do they also create "rough draughts"? At least it's consistent. Maybe we should start writing "ruff draft" for the sake of consistency.

moyesboy

Alibre Super User

I've always thought it necessary to make a rough draught in order to thoroughly prove the design.
Actually we are usually struggling against $soft spell checkers that refuse to accept a united kingdom setting.
So we end up with a ruff draft and a dizine that izn't thoro.
To us the US spelling always luks liek it was ritten bie a kid liek bart simpson.
It took me about 3 hours to finaly get a alibre a4 template that didn't try to use letter paper. Thats another problem we always run into with all softwares!

Who was that politician who knew how to spell potatoe so well?

Re:

moyesboy said:
I've always thought it necessary to make a rough draught in order to thoroughly prove the design.
Actually we are usually struggling against $soft spell checkers that refuse to accept a united kingdom setting.
So we end up with a ruff draft and a dizine that izn't thoro.
To us the US spelling always luks liek it was ritten bie a kid liek bart simpson.
It took me about 3 hours to finaly get a alibre a4 template that didn't try to use letter paper. Thats another problem we always run into with all softwares!

Who was that politician who knew how to spell potatoe so well?

You must be thinking of Dan Quayle.

MilesH

Alibre Super User
Re:

caduser1 said:
I thought 'draught' was a beer :wink:

Yes, it's beer that's drawn from a keg, or tap - but not by a draughtsman (or draftsman, even) :wink:

It's draughty, close that window and then we can have a game of draughts... :p