What's new

Annotations in assemblies

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
I was trying to add several notes to an assembly via the Annotations features and had quite a few problems. The first note added seemed to work pretty well, but subsequent attempts to add another annotation resulted in various problems. The subsequent notes just disappeared when the "Apply" button was selected, but reappeared when I realized the "Toggle Annotations" button was off. That was confusing as the 1st annotation displayed fine even with Toggle Annotations" off.

Even with Toggle Annotations on, I had problems with new or old notes. On new ones I often couldn't seem to create a leader at time of creation and on some occasions the "Apply" button was grayed out. On existing ones I'm having problems changing the note or leader locations and even deleting them and one or two can't even be selected. So far as I can tell Help addresses only creating the Annotations and doesn't discuss changing them.

I didn't have much luck searching for others with this problem in message database and this is probably my 1st time using Annotations in an Assembly since I started using Alibre 6, though I have no problems in drawings. Is this a known problem for annotations in assemblies?

Mike

PS: I'm still using GMD 2014 (15,0,2,15088 )

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
Thanks Jim. Unless someone else replies by Monday with experience that it works, I'll file a bug report with GM.

Mike

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Mike,

I think it is a limitation, you can only attach in 3D Parts/3D Assemblies, annotations (Text-Notes) to faces, but not to vertices or edges oder reference points.

In this case the content of the help is confusing, because:

2. In the Note area, type the annotation text. You may align the text vertically and horizontally by clicking the text alignment icons above the Note field.
"vertically and horizontally text alignment icons" are not shown in this dialog box.

3. Click Font to specify the font, font style, size, color, and effects.
The option "font color" does not exist.

It looks like the help (content) is wrong, because the point 2. is an option in a 3D Part -> Sketch-> "Text Figures"...

Attachments

• Annotation-Text.png
    Annotation-Text.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 23

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
Thanks Ralf. Looks like someone at Geomagic dropped the ball on this one, either in development or help authoring. It was a little embarrassing to discover it the way I did - right in the middle of demoing GM to a colleague.

I was hoping GM 16 fixed this, but you (Ralf) are probably running that already.

Mike