What's new

ati radeon IGP 320 M video card

windsor

ati radeon IGP 320 M video card

I have an emachines laptop that I was using with version 8 with no problems . Since installing 8.2 The machine locks up as soon as I do anything in alibre . I've searched for a newer driver but can't find anything . -----If I switch back to v 8.0 on my laptop will I be able to read files created in V 8.2 ? on my desktop ?

jwknecht

Alibre Super User
Re: ati radeon IGP 320 M video card

windsor said:
I have an emachines laptop that I was using with version 8 with no problems . Since installing 8.2 The machine locks up as soon as I do anything in alibre . I've searched for a newer driver but can't find anything . -----If I switch back to v 8.0 on my laptop will I be able to read files created in V 8.2 ? on my desktop ?

First try this, if you have not already.

http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html

Which emachines notebook computer model do you own? Are you running XP SP2? I own a an emachines M6805. Great pc, but the emachines support for driver and bios updates is a big problem (funny thing is that they are now owned by Gateway and Gateway has better support site for the exact same rebadged models). I struggled getting SP2 loaded until finally emachines posted a bios update. There are forums specific to emachines that offer some advice (but be careful).

By the way, I run fine on my emachines notebook, with XP SP2 and Alibre 8.2. Also running it on another notebook (IBM thinkpad T41) with no problems.

And final note, I can't answer your question about 8.0 vs 8.2 (sorry).

Again, what is your model?

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

The emachines site lists only the original driver 6.14.10.6351. If you have this version, it looks like the emachines site is no help. Of course, if this is a newer driver you should give it a try.

You could try omega drivers at http://www.omegadrivers.net/. You will need to hit the "XP" at the top of the page (kind of small are hard to see). You should also hit the FAQ page. It may be worth a try. You could always go back to your current driver if it does not solve the problems. I don't have any problems with my M6805 (with original driver) and AD 8.2, but if I did I would try just about anything to solve the problem.

Note: There is a service pack from Alibre due July 31st. The email did not mention what the fixes are. You may want to wait to see if that service pack addresses your problem?

windsor

thanks

Hi jwknecht:
Thanks for the link . I tried the omega driver , and it works great now . I had tried ATI , emachines and driver guide.com with no luck , but the omega driver installed fine . Thanks again mike

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

Let us know if it continues to work well or causes any issues. With the lack of updates from emachines I may want to do it too at some point.