What's new

Atom3D Forum ?

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I don't believe there is a specific forum but you are welcome to ask any questions here. Just please include that you are using "Alibre Atom3D" in the questions.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
@Max, I don't know how many times I've seen or answered a question on the forum thinking it pertained to Alibre Design only to get a reply something like "Will that work with Atom 3D?"

Maybe it would be a good idea to either add an Atom 3D forum or add a check box for the the OP to select their program level BEFORE their thread can be posted.
That would eliminate at least a couple of posts trying to get to an answer that works.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
... or make the version of Alibre an attribute of the forum users account and that gets displayed automatically against each post. It would be a pain to select it every time you post a topic.
That would work too. Then get the users to update their accounts, maybe a one-time update when they sign in.

DavidR8

One thing that occurs to me is that it isn't obvious to new Atom users to ask Atom questions in the Design forum. I know that I certainly didn't automatically assume that is where I should ask Atom questions.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
One thing that occurs to me is that new Atom users won't intuitively ask Atom questions in the Design forum. I know that I certainly didn't automatically assume that.

I started out with a trial version of Atom.

I tried it on a whim, and had no idea just how different Atom was than Design. I thought I was getting the same basic CAD, just without the fancy add-on modules like sheet metal, rendering, global parameters, etc.

As such, I had no reason to expect that I'd need to specify, when asking every single question, that I was using Atom.

As a result, many answers directed me to buttons that didn't exist, or suggested impossible workflows.

The initial experience was enough to send me strait away, back to Fusion360. Luckily, later I got even more frustrated with Fusions cloud based crap and came back.

Last edited:

gsieben

As a result, many answers directed me to buttons that didn't exist, or suggested impossible workflows.

I wonder if (just throwing out a suggestion here), maybe in the future Atom3D could have a button called "Pro Features Demo Mode." If you click the button and accept a warning, you can use any professional features you like; with the penalty of either being unable to save or export your work, or having a hefty volume limit on part and assembly sizes using upgraded features (say, a few inches by a few inches). Kind of like how V-Carve requires the Pro tier (which costs twice as much) if you want anything over 24"x24" on your router (a nice dividing line between professional-grade routers and desktop hobbyist routers).

Just a thought though. I wouldn't want the premium buttons in the main user interface (that would be really nasty!) but if I'm just trying to learn, or see if a feature is useful for me, it would be pretty convenient.