What's new

Atom3D won't install

dkmc

It gets about 50% in and then pops up an error.......cabinet file not found.......cab file missing or corrupted.
Any ideas? I'll probably have to call Monday. This is Win10

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I would download a new install file and retry it. The "cab file missing or corrupted" makes it sound like the download didn't go as planned.

dkmc

I would download a new install file and retry it. The "cab file missing or corrupted" makes it sound like the download didn't go as planned.
That's what I was thinking. I tried downloading it about 5 times, same problem each time. Tried it on another PC (not the one I intend to use for CAD) and it installed fine first try.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
If you are upgrading the CAD PC from a prior version then I would release the license and completely remove (uninstall) the old version. Then do a Restart before installing the new version.

dkmc

If you are upgrading the CAD PC from a prior version then I would release the license and completely remove (uninstall) the old version. Then do a Restart before installing the new version.
No older version. Fresh Win10 install with latest update

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
If the message mentioned the digital certificate, this is something that several people have reported. Often seems to be on a new PC.

There are changes in the installer which hopefully overcome this from v25 SP1. The issue can also be overcome by updating the security certificate stores of the computer having the problem - this utility has resolved the problem for those users who have tried it

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Here's a batch file (zipped up!), I use, that does the same as the updater app. Just unzip the zip and right mouse button on the .bat file and 'Run as Administrator' ...

Attachments

• Update Root Certificates.zip
    380 bytes · Views: 5