What's new

Augenblick (Moved by Moderator)

numenus

Someone in this thread previously mentioned the Augenblick (http://www.numenus.de/produkte_en.html) rendering software. I am the CEO of NUMENUS, the developer of Augenblick realtime ray tracing. I just wanted to make you aware of our currently updated 0.9 late alpha release of our massive model viewer. Basically our software will at the end of the development cycle be not *that* much different from Hypershot I guess - so to you Hypershot users (and also all others :) ) this might be interesting. Here just a few things:

- Augenblick will support any computer with a SSE2 capable processor (basically everything from Pentium IV upwards)
- We have very fast ray tracing including a global illumination solution (which is quite new to the codebase, so not totally done yet)
- Direct NURBS support! No tesselation required, no preprocessing required, maximum precision!
- Adaptive fram analysis to ensure interactive frame rates while navigating through the scene regardless of compute power
- No GPU required (except for display :) ), multi cores CPUs are of course used.
- Not only fast rendering, but also fast data import and preparation for final rendering

Since we are in late alpha (beta to be launched in the near future), you can download the software for free. We would appreciate any feedback and suggestions on further development of the software.

If you want to keep in touch with us (or want to view some nice images we produced) have a look at our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/NUMENUS-GmbH/176089938046?ref=ts

Best regards,

Oliver Abert, CEO

v8dave

Re: Hypershot suspends trials and Web purchases...

Hi Oliver,

I have downloaded your software to see if it offers anything better than Hypershot but unfortunatily there is no import format in your sofwtare that Alibre outputs. At least not in the Pro version I am using.

The best I can do is STEP format. Any plans to support this at some point?

Any advice on how we can use this with Alibre would be appreciated?

Cheers,
Dave...

Fx.CAD

Re: Hypershot suspends trials and Web purchases...

numenus said:
(...)
Since we are in late alpha (beta to be launched in the near future), you can download the software for free. We would appreciate any feedback and suggestions on further development of the software.
(...)
Hello Oliver,
I tried your software (Augenblick), unfortunately it was not very convincing. It seems to have big problems to open my sample IGES part file (part created in Alibre),the app crashes when trying to import... Alibre cannot export IGES assemblies. I think you should consider implementing a STEP import, because the standard for 3D CAD data seems to be STEP files.
I was able to open Alibre parts I translated to 3DS using TurboCAD pro v12 (Alibre SAT -> TurboCAD 3DS-> Augenblick), however they get a tesselated look because of the file format.

notebook win 7 32 bits French
4 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9600m GT

numenus

Hello,

thanks for the feeback - yes we know that the IGES import is a little bit bumpy. The problem is, that there are something like 50+ dialects and it is a hell to support them all.

However, last week we have been at the CeBIT expo and we also had some vistors at our booth who mentioned that an STEP import would be very good. Considering that also seems to be true for Alibre users, we actually really think of adding that format as well. I haven't had a look at it yet, so I don't know how easy or painful such a loader is, so I cannot give any promises about a time frame. Since we are currently extremely busy it will take a few weeks I guess, but since we are usually quite speedy developers, I also think it will be integrated before the summer ends :) I will keep in touch with you guys here and post it once it is done!

Best regards,

Oliver