What's new

Auto Generate 2D Drawings From SQL Data

vernonmcintyre

I would like to see if anyone here had tried to automate drawing generation using Script with almost all relevant data coming from SQL Server.

I would probably have 5-10 master 3D assemblies that I could use Script to gather data from SQL, adjust/suppress parts or subassemblies, adjust features suppression, adjust feature dimensions or placement, adjust sketches, and more. Once it did this, I would like to have it trigger a premade 2D drawing to open, update and print a PDF file somewhere I could then use in another system. However, I know the Script features for 2D drawings are very limited. In the end I would want a technical drawing I could use as an image in another floor level production system for job instructions.

I know the process we use now because I create these drawings sometimes so planning this out is not the real issue. More interested in Script getting info from SQL and even more concerned about the limitations of Script in the 2D drawing environment.

Any help or ideas are really appreciated.

Thank

Vernon McIntyre

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
The SQL side could certainly be done - you use nearly every .NET Framework. In this case I think you would want System.Data.SqlClient but it's not an easy project.

On the Alibre side things are more difficult since the API is severely limited for drawings.