What's new

Barcodes in 2D drawings ??

Would capability to add barcodes to 2D drawings be beneficial?

• YES - definitely something I'd use.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Maybe - no immediate need, but I might use if it were available.

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • NO - not interested or don't see any value.

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
When looking at features in another CAD package, I noticed the ability to include barcodes in 2D drawings (though there was no detail given on if these were manually entered, or driven from (say) drawing number).

Do you see this as something that Geomagic should offer in the future ? Rather than just add it to the list of requested enhancements, I thought I'd see what other users think. Please complete the poll if you have any view on this. Myself - I'm probably in the 'maybe' camp on this.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
I clicked maybe. Absolutely no need for it at the present but seeing where CAD is going then yes, I expect it to be an issue in the future.

KMoffett

There are free online text to bar code generators. Copy and save the image of the bar code as a jpg. Insert the saved image into the drawing. This would be OK for one-offs, but you're probably thinking of automatic document or part identification. There are also free generators for QR (checkerboard) codes.

Ken

Kunstmaan

Alibre Super User
The foundation i work for is using a simple reader for reading the code (=drawing number) an showing instructions and remarks if available.
Attached are the used template and a drawing as result. It uses a available barcode truetype font.

Mareike

Attachments

• R429216 Vulring.pdf
    293.1 KB · Views: 37
  • FRAME_A4P_Mat54_Basic.AD_DRW
    340.5 KB · Views: 16

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Kunstmaan - that's interesting, it did not occur to me that it might be so simple to achieve with existing functionality.