What's new

Basic check-in, check-out, part and assembly search by properties (not just file name) etc.

martinkh

Does anything work to accomplish what is in the title of the thread? And does it work without becoming an administrative/IT geek nightmare? My various projects and iterations are becoming hard to manage in my unsupported older copy of Inventor, so I am looking to see if Alibre can cover that base with or without an add-on.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We are working on PDM right now, targeting end of 2023.

We have support for M-Files, though that has become an expensive option since Motive Systems has progressed towards a reasonably expensive yearly model, last time I looked.

martinkh

If you want input from a 30 year Mfg Engineer/QM/Project Engineer, I'd love to pop off. But the basic functionality in the thread title is the 80% good of PLM.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
We are working on PDM right now, targeting end of 2023.
Is that 'as well as' new features, bug fixes, performance improvements, etc or 'instead of'? I guess that will be a v28 or later introduction? Is that also going to be a paid 'add-on' style option or fully integrated into a specific Alibre level/version? Will it also be available as part of the API, so that integration with other version, issue tracking and change processes can be created or is it just a way to search and associate parts/assemblies/external docs (i.e. pdfs) into 'projects' ... with revision tracking?

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Is that 'as well as' new features, bug fixes, performance improvements, etc or 'instead of'? I guess that will be a v28 or later introduction? Is that also going to be a paid 'add-on' style option or fully integrated into a specific Alibre level/version? Will it also be available as part of the API, so that integration with other version, issue tracking and change processes can be created or is it just a way to search and associate parts/assemblies/external docs (i.e. pdfs) into 'projects' ... with revision tracking?

1. As well as
2. Something like v28, not sure how it will shake out
3. Almost certainly included in Expert by default, very unlikely to be a paid addon.
4. We haven't gotten as far as an API yet. I'll have to ask around. However, if you have specific requests based on things you might know you want to do, let us know.
5. It's a full, multi-tenant, local or remote PDM system suitable for teams.

SPT68VA

FYI. I have M-Files from my original Alibre Expert purchase. I continue to use it and have maintained annual support with M-Files to keep the package current. When my M-Files maintenance subscription came up for renewal last fall I learned that M-Files has a new policy. They require a minimum of three seats. This obviously does not work for a single user. I'm looking forward to the Alibre PDM product. It is desperately needed. Thanks.