What's new

Beta Testing Program

Should Alibre develop a user based beta testing program.

• Yes! I'd love to participate. Bring on the new features. I'll put them through their paces. Just

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Sure, I'll participate. But how can people get so excited about a CAD program?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll participate if I can test from home.

• I'd like to participate, but don't have the time.

• No, I won't participate, my time is better spent on productive tasks.

• No, Beta testing is too risky for me.

• No! Beta testing is the developers way to outsource its own quality system. I'll have no part of i

• Total voters

swertel

Alibre Super User
Beta Testing Program

Since Alibre has so few service packs, and so few show-stopper bugs, I can only imagine that they have a thorough testing and quality system in place. But, why not one more? How about a user beta testing program?

Most other CAD packages have one; either at their annual user group get-togethers or through a sign-up and distribution program. Some users feel such a program just supplies the developers with free testing and therefore the software company stops doing their own. I, obviously, don't feel this way. What better way to make sure a program works the way YOU want it to work rather than how some development team invisions that it should work (known as "works as designed" rather than "works as expected"). Not to mention a sneak peak at all the new toys coming with the next release so you have time to plan your (company's) implementation of the next version and update CAD standards. And lets face it, there is no possible way for a development and testing team to devise a way to test for every conceivable situation that a user will put the software through. Finally, why not have one more method to directly talk to those in charge of the future of your business. After all, efficient tools make us more productive. And when we design for a living, the CAD tool is our most important. Without it, we'd be out of a job.

So how about it? Should we ask Alibre to implement a user beta testing program. Non-disclosure agreements in full force.

rbrian

Beta Testing Program

Well - Scott,

Looks like your wish came true - for a bunch of users - or will at least! Seeing Greg Millikens post - and yours - seems like your message and poll got through! Robert