What's new

Between the lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaspar

Alibre Super User
Between the lines

Hi everybody!

I've been enjoying the richness of this forum ever since day 1 and have even developed a very nice off-forum friendship with some of the users for whom I feel as if we had actually met.

All of these have been truly wonderful experiences in a borderless world in which I personaly beleive. And since I beleive in it, I will speak out trying to keep it clean and untouched.

Reading between the lines, 99% of the posts here, have the inherent intent of a user that is trying to get his work done and is either asking for help or suggesting ways to get around limitations, but discussions are always based on very specific functionalities someone needs to perform a certain task they are dealing with at the moment.

The above is so true, that most of us know what kind of work the rest of us does. Furthermore, even the most negative posts are of the kind "I just can't get my work done with AD because....".

There have been posts by 2 new users into which I can't find any intention of learning how they could get their work done using AD. They are full of generalities, they tend to point out Alibre's limitations but not as a complain about the software not fullfiling their design needs but as comparing it to what other software can do and why is it so useful to a certain group of people, never themselves. They never say how in their particular work enviroment they run into a problem because AD cant handle something.

Also, these guys know about the CAD industry for sure, at least from a "what each software does" stand point.

Based on the above, to me, these people are not engineers, they are CAD sellers (not AD sellers, of course) and I personaly ask them not to litter this nice place.

The intention of this particular forum is to learn how to use AD and to suggest ways for enhacing it.

Honestly, if you are not evaluating AD as a potential tool to get your design work done, please avoid posting.

PS: Thanks again to our moderator team. Its good you're so mature and objective. If it were up to me, these fellows would be posting their stuff any where but here.

scarr

Re: Between the lines

Well said Gaspar. It seems like every neighborhood attracts its share of malcontents. It seems as strange to me as it does to you, that someone would want to join this forum just to point out what they preceive to be limitations in our chosen CAD design application. Childish, disruptive, non-constructive, and self aggrandizing, behavoir really has no place here. Most of us are here to learn, to problem solve, to assist others, and to offer suggestions for the improvement of Alibre, and you're right; it is a nice, clean, well mannered group, whom it's a pleasure to interact with, and we need to be vigilant in order to keep it that way.

Indeed! When I was deciding to purchase Alibre a year ago, this forum was one of the assets that weighed on my decision. The vast majority of people who post are obviously professionals working to SOLVE problems. After adapting AD for all new design projects, I believe there is a practical "get it done" philosophy shared between the Alibre developers and the Alibre users. The software is pleasantly complimented by a user community and a company support team that are both highly responsive to any user's challenge.

The pratical and pleasant nature of this forum truly sets it apart from most forums on the web.

schenman

Between the lines

I agree with Gaspar that this forum should be about solving problems and not be a "Critic Corner". Posting to the forum should be limited to paying customers. That fellow who is always complaining should be banned. He is taking up valuable time and space here. Alibre is the best company I have ever dealt with. I bought AD Pro and it is a bargain.
The fellow should open some kind of CAD critic home page and leave this forum alone.

I support Gaspar's Signature.

Schenman

scarr

This guy has been around so long, and aggrivated so many people that someone has set up a website in honor of him :shock:
The content ranges from droll to funny to risque (some od it bordering on libelous) so this may not be a place everyone wants to visit, but I do believe it puts this gentleman's tirades in perspective. The old saying about 'People in glass houses' still holds true. Go here and have a good laugh. My apologies in advance if anyone finds this offensive.

http://www.geocities.com/banquercadcam/beaver.html

wfpelletier

Re: Between the Lines

As tedious as these new 'stealth marketing' trolls can be, if I were an Alibre marketer, I would find their appearance on the Alibre boards very encouraging. With the Alibre Express promotion, Alibre has suddenly become a lot bigger on the CAD industry radar screens. The appearance of the 'marketing trolls' confirms that Alibre is a company that other CAD software companies are finally starting to notice.

(At the same time, if indeed these trolls are actually software sellers, I think they have chosen the worst way to sell their products. I still wonder if they are just twisted individuals acting as independant rogues.)

wfpelletier

A

Anonymous

You must mean between the ads rather than between the lines. :lol:

"They never say how in their particular work environment they run into a problem because AD cant handle something. "

Not sure who "they" is. I know I said *exactly* where Alibre fails a machining job shop like the one I work in.

It's guess it's hard to comprehend what is written rather than what you wish was written and offer some live of objectivity / credibility when you live the life of an unabashed product loyalist. :lol:

Jon Banquer
Phoenix, Arizona

A

Anonymous

scarr said:
This guy has been around so long, and aggrivated so many people that someone has set up a website in honor of him :shock:
The content ranges from droll to funny to risque (some od it bordering on libelous) so this may not be a place everyone wants to visit, but I do believe it puts this gentleman's tirades in perspective. The old saying about 'People in glass houses' still holds true. Go here and have a good laugh. My apologies in advance if anyone finds this offensive.

http://www.geocities.com/banquercadcam/beaver.html

Seems like your jealous cause you don't have your own internet stalker.

:lol:

Perhaps if you had something to say that offered some real insight rather than playing to a guaranteed audience of product loyalists you might get your very own one as well.

:p

Even consider that the site says more about the person who created it than about me ? Many in alt.machines.cnc have reached this conclusion on their own. Take a gander at some recent posts in alt.machines.cnc. and see if this helps you "get it". :wink:

Jon Banquer
Phoenix, Arizona

Ralf

Alibre Super User

@jon_banquer
I smell your cold sweat in Germany here. :roll:
Why are you afraid of Alibre-Design? :?:

Ralf

Status
Not open for further replies.