What's new

Boolean Issue

warburton1

Boolean Issue

Well its Sunday morning, the kids are in the basement the misses still in bed and I make the mistake of trying to sort a boolean operation out :lol: (but not too loud as I don't want to wake the misses).
Okay, I am trolling for any information on booleans - or more precisly, find out if anyone else has suffered a similar experience and knows a workaround.
I have built a subassembly of parts for a weldment and then booleaned them together (both as a built up boolean and also as a boolean of the sub-assy). In both cases some of the parts are replaced by others in the sub assy when I select the tick icon. When editing the boolean everything looks fine, when finished it look WRONG :cry:
I have posted a problem report to Alibre but as noted its Sunday and most sane people aren't playing at their work on their days off. So any help, off any other weekend work warriors or "past-time" users would be much appreciated.

Thanks

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

Robert,

I had one problem that I reported with design booleans. It turned out that it was my mistake. I had an align that instead of a value of zero, I had a small value (for example 0.14232). Once I corrected my mistake the boolean as I wanted.

Make sure you don't have any gaps in the parts in your weldment parts, etc. You might try booleans on a couple of parts at a time until you find the one that is causing the issue.