What's new

Boolean Substract, circular pattern

Kenneth

Hi,

I have created some cuts in an axis, using Boolean Substract. Then using circular pattern to place the cuts/holes in a spiral.
Not sure how to hand the next part.

How do I add two threaded holes to each cut? Do I really have to create them manually, one by one? Any suggestions? :)

Attachments

• axis_2.png
    axis_2.png
    277.5 KB · Views: 11
  • axis.png
    axis.png
    247.4 KB · Views: 11
  • axis_3.png
    axis_3.png
    216 KB · Views: 11

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Kenneth,

Not quite sure what your question is...

To 'hand' the part - apply a scale/mirror command - you can either do that using configurations if you have Expert, or Save As to a new file name then apply the scale/mirror.

Threaded holes - a bit of a pain because the circular pattern in part doesn't have all the options available in Boolean or Assembly. You could circular pattern then linear pattern the holes and suppress the unwanted ones. It's a bit of a faff.

Kenneth

My question is only related to the treaded holes - sorry about the confusing.
If I do that, then it might be a good idea not to use the Boolean tool at all. Just circulear and linear pattern both cut and threaded holes.

Will try that - thanks :D

Nick952

Try adding 2 externally threaded or plain "Pegs" to the Boolean tool. This will cut the holes for you at the same time (You would probably need to add the hole information manually on any drawings though).

Kenneth

Try adding 2 externally threaded or plain "Pegs" to the Boolean tool. This will cut the holes for you at the same time (You would probably need to add the hole information manually on any drawings though).
This might be the easiest solution, thanks :D

idslk

Alibre Super User
Here is another possibility
1660301857811.png
1660301891690.png

Regards
Stefan

Attachments

• Shaft.AD_PKG
    181.4 KB · Views: 7