What's new

boxes.py-demo R & D

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
I'm cleaning up my python projects and wanted to share boxes.py-demo R & D.

I started this to research boxes.py and Alibre API/AlibreScript workflows. When I return to python work, I'll revisit this. If anyone uses boxes.py and is interested please let me know. Thanks

Last edited:

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
Someone on the forum asked if my python projects could use boxes.py. I made this project to start the process of determining if it is possible. I'm working on other projects but wanted to share information about it. If someone would like to use it with Alibre API/AlibreScript, I can spend more time on it. I work on these projects in my spare time. I don't have a schedule or anything concrete. I can give more details about how I might integrate them. But today it is only an R&D project, not ready to use.

I can change the title to make it more clear. I'm not great at naming things. Thanks

Last edited:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Not me particularly - I was thinking more of reasons why other forum users (who might understand more than me) might wish to look at the project.

What will it achieve when completed? Does it use some clever approach that others might want to copy in their work? Surely there is some reason why you chose to share it....

Your ReadMe doesn't actually tell me anything.

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
I will update readme files and other details over time. Boxes.py is a python API that can be used to write your own generators. Instead of generating SVGs you could generate parts. I'm not sure if it will work or not, which is why it's an R&D project. :) Depending on how it is used, there might be other use cases.

This script already does a similar task:

My planning page is updated daily. The In-Progress status is exactly what I'm working on. My focus is .NET addons and clean up.

Here is a screenshot, where I stopped work on boxes.py-demo:
1698237759407.png