What's new

Boxes.py

Cator

In my search i found this interesting project https://www.festi.info/boxes.py/ .Now i know this is not possible to install it in alibre script, but i would like to install it on python external to alibre and make it work at the of without internet. If I could see the code I could port it into Alibre with appropriate changes....can anyone help me with this? Install the boxes.py library in Python? thanks in advance

idslk

Alibre Super User
If I could see the code I could port it into Alibre with appropriate changes....
Take a closer look on your linked page, you will find the linke to the code
1648996911635.png

This is a link to GitHub and everything is there...
Good luck

Regards
Stefan

Cator

Thanks stefan, I managed to download the package but I don't know how to install it in the Python library ..... Could you help me?

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Based on the installation instructions you will NOT be able to get this library to work in the Alibre Script version of Ironpython without drastic modification. They use Python 3 and also a few packages for the calculations and formatting. However if there is a specific generator you want to port you could go step by step and only port the necessary functions.

Cator

Yes thanks Nate, but not even on Python outside Alibre? I'm missing out on how to install the package locally or does it only work on the web?

Cator

It would be the best to have such a tool in Alibre I have tried many of the proposed projects and I must say that the results are really excellent!

idslk

Alibre Super User
I don't know how to install it
I would recommend to read the good and step by step instllation documentation:
1649021349424.png
There i also a description to install Python3 and wich additional tools are needed.
Overall it's to much for this forum...

here is a result saved as svg and imported into alibre:
1649021968437.png
Regards
Stefan