What's new

CAM Software

PAndrade

I downloaded the English version and I got a version that was not in English, not sure what happened so I uninstalled the product....
The update to interface Alibre with SimplexCAM looks very interesting!!

Last edited:

cadtec

I downloaded the English version and I got a version that was not in English, not sure what happened so I uninstalled the product....
The update to interface Alibre with SimplexCAM looks very interesting!!
The programme is multilingual and installs itself in German first.
You can set the language in the menu under Bearbeiten -> Einstellungen -> Sprache

Cator

Acquistate il software incluso un anno di aggiornamenti all'interno del livello di versione.
I problemi e le domande vengono gestiti tramite il nostro sistema di ticket.
Puoi lavorarci quanto vuoi.
Non appena è disponibile un aggiornamento alla versione superiore successiva, è possibile acquistare un aggiornamento.
La prossima settimana caricheremo l'interfaccia diretta Alibre -> SimplexCAM...
Hi, when the interface to Alibre will be available will you post here please? I would be interested to give it a try, thanks

WimD

I've been using Meshcam off and on for awhile now, more off than on, and when it works its good and when not very frustrating.
I'm just curious as to what everyone else is using and would recommend for CAM software.

I also use Vectric software for some projects and always have good results but I want to use Alibre as well for certain projects.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter
Hello Peter,

I'm using estlcam with my cnc milling machine. Easy to learn. Simple UI. Attractive price/quality level.
Does what it has to do for most straight forward 2.5/3D CAM work.

Best regards, Wim.

PS I had never heard of SimplexCAM. After a quick look at their website I also might give this software a try in the future. Thanks to the forum members for sharing this info.

jcdammeyer

Although I stopped paying for MecSoft Visual CAD/CAM this year my license for AlibreCAM 2020 is still valid and still recognizes AlibreCAM AD_PRT files. So for now I'm still using AlibreCAM since I paid MecSoft for the 4 axis version. I like the ability to move back and forth without having to convert to step files and lose all the CAM setup information if I for some reason decide I need a part drawing change.
AlibreCAM still occasionally crashes with a save your work message after what looks like a bad pointer in a record error. That probably has been there when MecSoft was still supporting AlibreCAM.
My guess is that they blamed Alibre for the problem. Alibre blamed Mecsoft for the problem. The end result is MecSoft and Alibre ended their association. Amazing how fast the AlibreCAM subject forum vanished from the Mecsoft Help forums.

I think everyone should ask why no other reasonably priced CAM program will import AD_PRT files. Even VisualCAM stopped importing those which would have made it possible to continue to use MecSoft VisualCAM in place of AlibreCAM.

Since I don't do that many projects that I can bill to CAD/CAM usage cost for me is a factor. What I'd like to see is a save as feature in AlibreCAD where we can choose which version of Alibre to save as AD_PRT files. Or even when creating an AD_PRT file have the ability to lock it in at a version so future enhancements designed to break old software are not applied to the drawings.

But I realize none of that will happen.