What's new

Can someone please write a small example that explains the use of GetEdges( )

albie0803

Alibre Super User
How do I use this function?

Alibre Script: Face Class Reference
List [] GetEdges ( )

Gets a list of the current edges in the face

Returns List of edges

I have said this before, the reference manual is USELESS to nearly everyone without EXAMPLES ! :(:mad:

albie0803

Alibre Super User
Well, after a couple of hours of stumbling around and looking at other scripts and thinking about how they worked, I managed to work out the correct syntax and get what I wanted.

Examples would have saved so much time.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Well, after a couple of hours of stumbling around and looking at other scripts and thinking about how they worked, I managed to work out the correct syntax and get what I wanted.
If the examples are non-existent, do you care to share an example of how you used it. Maybe very helpful for others who may be in the same boat as you were! Especially if they find this thread in an attempt to get an answer.

albie0803

Alibre Super User
My aim was to get the the diameter of a circular face. My hope is that some time in the future, I will be able to use the face as an axis for a circular pattern, if it ever gets implemented in Script.
This is how I used it
Options.append(["Select Tooth OD", WindowsInputTypes.Face, None]) #[2]
ODF = Values[2]
Ledges = ODF.GetEdges()
OD = Ledges[0].Diameter

If the reference guide even had just 1 line like x = face.GetEdges() it would have made all the difference.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Typically everything in Alibre Script is done like
Result = Class.Method()
Or
Value = Class.Property
The Result (if there is a returned result) or Value type is described in the reference.

I wish Alibre would add many more things to the API. If it exists for a user to manually do why not the API too?