What's new

Can you share seats of Alibre?

georgeb

Can someone please let me know, in their experience, if we can share seats of Alibre? We have a summer student coming for this summer who needs access to the software just for a few months. Does Alibre allow for sharing of seats? If so how do we do this? Thanks ahead of time.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I would just release the license key on your normal machine, installed Alibre on the students PC and let them use you licence key for a while. The way Alibre works is that a single license key can only activate one install of Alibre Design at any one time! Now if others need to use it in that time period, setup a dedicated CAD PC with the Licenced Alibre on it and let it be hot seated between yourself and the student ... I think that allowed!! Correct me if I'm wrong.

Can someone please let me know, in their experience, if we can share seats of Alibre? We have a summer student coming for this summer who needs access to the software just for a few months. Does Alibre allow for sharing of seats? If so how do we do this? Thanks ahead of time.
George -- I would guess that a call into Alibre could generate an (if you will) "90-Day Trial" for some nominal charge. [Mind you, I have argued that a "30 day trial" period is too short a time for most small businesses to give Alibre a good "shake down" test.]

Ralf

Alibre Super User
I would just release the license key on your normal machine, installed Alibre on the students PC and let them use you licence key for a while. The way Alibre works is that a single license key can only activate one install of Alibre Design at any one time! Now if others need to use it in that time period, setup a dedicated CAD PC with the Licenced Alibre on it and let it be hot seated between yourself and the student ... I think that allowed!! Correct me if I'm wrong.

+1