What's new

Centerlines adding themselves... very annoying

Anytime certain actions occur, alibre adds center lines to the views.

Example:
In an assy drawing I create/update a broken out section. When I accept the change Alibre adds all center lines to the view.

This is extremely annoying because I either need to individually delete all center lines or remove all but then I remove the few center lines I put in myself.

Removing all center lines is also annoying because you cannot reattach dimensions like you could in solidworks.

Another slightly unrelated issue, center lines only work half the time in this program. Sometimes they are off to the side of the view, sometimes they just disappear, other times they move themselves.... The drawing tools of Alibre are so very behind other programs.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Anytime certain actions occur, alibre adds center lines to the views.

Example:
In an assy drawing I create/update a broken out section. When I accept the change Alibre adds all center lines to the view.

This is extremely annoying because I either need to individually delete all center lines or remove all but then I remove the few center lines I put in myself.

Removing all center lines is also annoying because you cannot reattach dimensions like you could in solidworks.

Another slightly unrelated issue, center lines only work half the time in this program. Sometimes they are off to the side of the view, sometimes they just disappear, other times they move themselves.... The drawing tools of Alibre are so very behind other programs.

Eric,

Which 2D Drawing template do you use?
If you create your own (user defined) 2D Drawing templates, you can prevent automatic creation of centerlines.
It is simple and easy. :)

Eric,

Which 2D Drawing template do you use?
If you create your own (user defined) 2D Drawing templates, you can prevent automatic creation of centerlines.
It is simple and easy. :)

Just tried it and it looks like you are right. I knew of the setting but it is labeled as "view creation" and I was referring to after the view was created. But it seems that any action that may update/redraw the view follows the "creation" presets....

Thanks though! That's one problem I can check off the list!