What's new

Changing Part Dimension to fit an Assembly

DerrickArdron

Hi, I am new to the Community and very much a learner with Alibre, using it for Model Engineering and DIY as in this case.

I am creating s simple cantilevered sliding gate with three panels surrounded by Rectangular Hollow Section Steel, (RHS). However the three panels are not identical in width.

Is it possible to use Alibre to fit diagonals to the three panels, or how else do I obtain the lengths of the diagonals and the cut angles at the end of the diagonals.

I am using the latest version of Alibre Professional.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Derrick Ardron

albie0803

Alibre Super User
Start with your diagonal piece longer than you need. Create a new sketch and draw a rectangle on an angle the same size as where the bar will go. Now draw another rectangle larger than the cross bar. Do a cut extrude to shape the ends of the bar to fit in your frame

upload_2021-4-29_8-39-22.pngupload_2021-4-29_8-40-0.pngupload_2021-4-29_8-40-26.png

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Or apply Draft to both ends of a straight length of RHS of appropriate length.

Or add the diagonal part to your assembly - use 'Edit Here' on the part, in 2D sketch mode project edges of the gate panel and use those to help form the sketch to cut the ends of diagonal.

I can think of at least one more variation, there is no single 'correct' answer. Play with options, and see which you are most comfortable with.