What's new

Clear all shortcut in measure window?

drbris

So is there a shortcut to clear the selected items when measuring other than right clicking and selecting clear all? Seems like it should just automatically clear when you select a third item?

jfleming

Alibre Super User
I still think there should be a button. The two other ways to do this are not obvious enough, JMO.

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
Click in an area of whitespace on the workspace, that clears the selected measurement edges, faces, points, etc
My college instructor got me into the habit of double-clicking on the background of my workspace between every operation I did while modeling. He called it "wiping the mouse".

Conveniently it also means none of my coworkers want to take up the desk right next to mine in the office, because you'd hear nothing but furious machine-gun clicking all day long ;)

Ken226

Alibre Super User
I habitually use the Esc key for deselecting edges, etc. In the measure tool, I typically just click the measure tool again to clear everything. A clear all button would be pretty convenient.

Last edited:

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Click in an area of whitespace on the workspace, that clears the selected measurement edges, faces, points, etc
Just to add that if you're zoomed into a large model, finding 'whitespace' is sometimes not possible.

Logical solution would be a 'Clear All' button on the measure tool dialog, along with the ability to assign a hotkey to it!

idslk

Alibre Super User
Logical solution would be a 'Clear All' button on the measure tool dialog, along with the ability to assign a hotkey to it!
RMB in dialog:
1684319492055.png

an a LMB on a seleccted item in workspace deselects the item...

Regards
Stefan

simonb65

Alibre Super User
RMB in dialog:

an a LMB on a seleccted item in workspace deselects the item...
Because that's 2 mouse clicks when only one, or a keypress, would suffice! ... and when you've been using a keyboard and mouse for 35+ years, and had repetitive strain problems in your right hand, you'll be thankful for less mouse clicks. We are all designers and should appreciate and accept that there are always better ways of doing something!

jfleming

Alibre Super User
Because that's 2 mouse clicks when only one, or a keypress, would suffice! ... and when you've been using a keyboard and mouse for 35+ years, and had repetitive strain problems in your right hand, you'll be thankful for less mouse clicks. We are all designers and should appreciate and accept that there are always better ways of doing something!
This 1000% The hotkey idea you suggested, even better.

There are many areas/opportunities for less mouse clicking in this software. there could be an update devoted just to that!

idslk

Alibre Super User
I'm not against a button or two or a shortcut, place is enough in the measuring window...
- everybody has it's own workflow... mine is to need one hand for the mouse and the second hand supports my head...;) so less keyboard usage...
I only wanted to show that there is a way to clear the input list...
As well as drinking coffee takes me more time than clicking my mouse:D

Regards
Stefan