What's new

Colors in 3d section views

mmunzer

Colors in 3d section views

I am not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but when you apply colors to elements in a model and the do a 3d section, the colors of the sectioned faces are much different than the element. For example I have a model with a green part and the sectioned face is blue. I have another part which is orange and the sectioned face is purple. Another part is cyan and the sectioned face is dark grey. Another part is dark green and the sectioned face is very light green.

Is it possible to configure the program so that the sectioned faces are the same color as the parts they belong to? On complicated assemblies it becomes very confusing in the way it is done now.

Best regards,

Marc

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

Hello Marc,

Originally, all sectioned faces were green. This was confusing because you could not see which face belonged to which part when sectioning multiple parts.

The colored sectioned faces thing is a feature added later (requested by some users).

I personally like it that way, but I can see your point.

Bad thing is that, as far as I know, this is not a configurable setting.

mmunzer

I remember the green section colors and I agree the new colored sectioned faces are a huge improvement over that. However, if I have a red part, I think it would be logical that the sectioned face was also red. Or if I have a green part, the sectioned face should also be green. Otherwise, it is difficult to see which part is which face in the 3d section.

I can see that in many cases, the colors of the sectioned face are just a darker shade of the original part color. That is really nice. Then you can see that the part is sectioned and you can easily match the sectioned face to the part. However, other times, the colors are completely different.

The best would be that the color of the sectioned face is identical with the color of the part, but that a hatch pattern is applied to the sectioned face. Then you could easily see which face belongs to which part and which faces are sectioned faces.

But there are more important issues to correct first.

Best regards,

Marc