What's new

Controls Question For Andy

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Is there any way I can add the WindowsInputTypes picker controls to my own window like with the System.Windows.Forms controls?

ajayre

Alibre Super User
I don't understand. Can you give me an example of what you are trying to achieve?

Andy

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Specifically are there control classes I can create instances of? I realize I'm an unusual user but it will be worth it for many when I'm done.

Code:
# This is not working code. It's example of the controls only.

# This makes a normal text box on my form.
MyTextBox=TextBox()
MyTextBox.Location=Point(10, 10)
MyTextBox.Size=Size(200, 32)
MyBox.Text="Normal Text Box"

# I'd like to add a Face selection box to my form like this.
MySelectFaceBox = WindowsInputTypes.SelectFaceBox()
MySelectFaceBox.Location = Point(10, 10)
MySelectFaceBox.Size = Size(200, 32)
MySelectFaceBox.Text = "Select A Face"

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Nate,

only out of my curiosoty: do you have a 'full' Python installed or only Alibre Script?

Regards
Stefan

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Nate,

i would like to install Python for some other things than alibre, but i'm a little scared about interfering Alibre Script...
As to take a look at Colorize Script V0.2 you will see i use Windos.systems.Forms to get the Color.Dialog and Win.OptionsDialog for getting the Face information. It's not in the same window, but you can transfer values from the windows form to the alibre form.
Maybe you can deal with such a workaround...

Regards
Stefan

ajayre

Alibre Super User
Specifically are there control classes I can create instances of? I realize I'm an unusual user but it will be worth it for many when I'm done.

Code:
# This is not working code. It's example of the controls only.

# This makes a normal text box on my form.
MyTextBox=TextBox()
MyTextBox.Location=Point(10, 10)
MyTextBox.Size=Size(200, 32)
MyBox.Text="Normal Text Box"

# I'd like to add a Face selection box to my form like this.
MySelectFaceBox = WindowsInputTypes.SelectFaceBox()
MySelectFaceBox.Location = Point(10, 10)
MySelectFaceBox.Size = Size(200, 32)
MySelectFaceBox.Text = "Select A Face"

Ah, I understand what you are asking for now. The answer is no. The simplified UI I have created with the ability to select geometry has nothing to do with the Windows Forms API that you want to use. Technically it would be possible for me to support what you want but it's such advanced usage I'm not sure if there would be enough ROI.

Let me turn it around - what UI functionality would you like to see added to the current simplified implmementation? The more detail the better.

Andy

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Buttons are the only major control I needed. However I like too fine grain of interaction for some of the other things I'm doing.

Perhaps a better solution would be if you can add more possible selections to the Assembly.Selections list?
Assembly.Selections currently only supports planes, axes and points.
While Part.Selections supports faces, edges, vertices, planes, axes and points.

If parts, subassemblies, faces, edges, and vertices were added to Assembly.Selections then I can pick out what I need from that.