Hi David,

There are 3 HyperShot Versions

- HyperShot web
- HyperShot HD
- HyperShot Pro

Which version do you want?

Jimpulse

Alibre Super User
I briefly attempted to find the differences between Hprsht WEB and HD and nothing presented itself. Can anyone shed any light on this?
I also contacted AD Sales to find out what photorendering software will ship with v12 (Pro). The answer was that v12 would ship with Hprsht web but only for new customers (maintenance customers would not get it). v12 would suppport the prsent Photorender software which we already have. :cry:

I DID intend to add Hprshot WEB when it was offered for $50 but procrastinated and missed it, partially because I could not find out the difference between WEB & HD. I suspect that AD wil be offering the WEB version periodically at a discount, but I would still need to know it's capabilities.

Jimpulse

dacostad

I am just a hobbyist so I am looking for the cheapest solution.

I cannot see any HyperShot Web on Bunkspeed's website, so is it even an option.

David

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Here is the short version :)

HyperShot web
800 by 450 realtime resolution
• 360 K Pixel rendering resolution
• Windows XP/Vista, 32/64 bit
• Mac OS X, Intel-Based Mac
• $ 195 listprice

HyperShot HD
1920 by 1080 realtime resoution
• 4.1 Megapixel rendering resolution
• $ 995 listprice

HyperShot Pro
• Unlimited realtime resoution
• Unlimited rendering resolution
• Call...and ask

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Hypershot Web is great to have a first go with, but I find the pixel limt to be a real pain as the resulting images are quite small on the monitor (probably fine for small illustrations on web sites). The annoyance is more when creating the image (can't really see what's going on) than the final publishable image size.

From this one aspect the old PhotoRender is better - however it is not as easy to get quick results with. I also find the palette of standard materials available in PhotoRender (Industrial) is better furnished with metal finishes than Hypershot is - though that is based on only one or two models, and maybe I was just unlucky.

I too noticed that Bunkspeed has dropped the Web version from its own web site (but Alibre & resellers do offer it).