What's new

Custom lines on a break command?

ecope

Custom lines on a break command?

Hello group,

Does anyone know of a way to customize the lines in a break on a part in the drawing view? Or even know how to shorten the break lines to come even with the part edges?

Also, can you change the line type of a section line and can you make the A or B or whatever letter is used to be blank?

Thanks!

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

Hi,

Because you mention A and B, I guess you refer to a "section" view. I'm not being picky, but there is also a "break" view. :wink:

SECTION VIEW: Once you've created it, right click over the line. It will let you change the label, not the type of line. The note at the bottom of the actual view is just an standard note. You can erase it, edit it or move it around.

BREAK VIEW: When creating it, a pop up window will ask for a line style (3 kinds), a gap (not how much cut, how much separation among the lines in the view) and an angle. To adjust the amount of cut, simply drag each of the 2 lines to its desired position.

jhatfield

I believe ecope in the original post wants to know, as I do, if there is a way to shorten the length of the break lines. I recently did a drawing of a long part and did a break, chose the smoth S shaped curves. Everything was fine, except the S curves were at least 4 times the height of those in the part I was breaking. The other line styles were similarly large.

So, is there an option/property whatever, which can be set to change the length of those break lines?

Thanks in advance for any help.

ecope

Yes jhatfield you have it right. I was doing a aux. view and only needed one end shown so I used the break command and moved one break line where I wanted it and the other one clear past the other end and the other end was the only one showing...but the break lines like you said was very long.

Hope we find an answer soon!