What's new

Demoing Add-On Packages

jemmej

Demoing Add-On Packages

Is there any way to demo the parts library and model press publisher portions of Alibre Design Professional?

Thanks.

Jim

rbrian

Re: Demoing Add-On Packages

Hi Jim - I think - in most cases - that would be: find out who is closest to you in the AD group that has the program you want to see, and arrange to go visit (Buy them a coffee, etc.!) :D
You could start - by searching the forum member list - by address! Robert

PS: - you might try to ask Alibre Sales - nicely - for something in your needs!

Mibe

Alibre Super User
Re: Demoing Add-On Packages

jemmej said:
Is there any way to demo the parts library and model press publisher portions of Alibre Design Professional?

Thanks.

Jim

The "general" version of Modelpress publisher is free to download here. T

http://www.modelpress.com/

The difference between this and the Alibre version, is that you have to export a STEP-file (or was it SAT?) and use that as a presentation model. In Alibre Design Professional, this is an integrated part and there is no need for export/import :)

The Part Library is another story. Not sure if it's possible to preview the components - it used to be, when cadalog.com was a different company.

jemmej

Thanks for the help. We'd just like to test model press viewer on the decrepit machine running our conferance room projector :)

I'll check out the general version. Also, I bummed around on Cadalog's site. It's a little unproductive. I used Thomas Register's site which licensed some of the catalogs, its nice. Again, it just would be nice to see how it works in a "true" environment.

There's a suggestion for AD folks. You might want to consider making it a little easier to find everything you want to evaluate AD Professional (like having to go to support/downloads/ while logged in in order to d/l photorender is not the most intuitive to cite just one example.

Again, thanks for all the help!

Jim