What's new

Design Contest Live - Enter now!

oldfox

Alibre Super User
Alibre Quote: >> "Alibre will create professional renders of all the models"

I normally use material colors on metal models. That's just for my own cognizance. Would you prefer the "bare metal" colors or the
"painted metal" colors for the purpose of Alibre rendering the model?

Max

Administrator
Staff member

I normally use material colors on metal models. That's just for my own cognizance. Would you prefer the "bare metal" colors or the
"painted metal" colors for the purpose of Alibre rendering the model?

Doesn't matter.

beastro

Hey folks, we have two design contests happening until Feb 1, 2021. One is for Atom/Workshop users and one is for Design Pro/Expert users.

Dust off those models and show off what you and your company are working on:

Atom3D / Workshop users:
https://www.alibre.com/atom-contest/

Design Pro/Expert users:
https://www.alibre.com/design-contest/

Oh no.....

I missed the deadline :eek::eek::eek::eek:. I somehow had the 20th of february in my mind and just wanted to upload my designs...

So very disappointing!!!

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
A render can make or break a good model. I can't say I'm very impressed with the "professional" rendering of the models. Saddens me to see the wood models with grain running in the obvious wrong direction and having face grain on surfaces that should be end grain. And some images that are clearly wood rendered as "clay" or all White. Don't know if that is a limitation of the KeyShot version used or the "professional" doing the render. I guess I spend too much time on the KeyShot forum and see how good renders can be.

BobSchaefer

A render can make or break a good model. I can't say I'm very impressed with the "professional" rendering of the models. Saddens me to see the wood models with grain running in the obvious wrong direction and having face grain on surfaces that should be end grain. And some images that are clearly wood rendered as "clay" or all White. Don't know if that is a limitation of the KeyShot version used or the "professional" doing the render. I guess I spend too much time on the KeyShot forum and see how good renders can be.

You just HAD to go and point that out, didn't you??? I went back and looked, and sure enough, you're right the grain directions on the renders of one of my submissions is all wrong, I now realize I should have supplied my own renders, they definitely would have looked better!