What's new

Detail in drawing

OrjanB

I made a drawing showing a section in a part.
Now I want to dimension a detail of this drawing/section.
I made a circle in the drawing (sketch in view) and used the detail tool to enlarge/scale up the content of the circle.
The enlargement of the geometry in the circle works OK, but the thickness/line weight is also enlarged and this is not OK.
Both main lines and dimensionlines are shown thick. I expected these lines to have same thickness as the rest of the drawing.

It looks not good - drawing enclosed.

The crosshatch-lines and textsize are OK, i.e. not enlarged.

Am I missing a setting somewhere or is it a task for the Alibre team?

upload_2021-1-7_15-8-8.png

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have '(BETA) Realtime Line Widths' enabled for 2D drawings ? try it in the opposite setting.

This is already logged with Development.

OrjanB

I have now unchecked '(BETA) Realtime Line Widths' and it looks better, but shows now without different line widths.
From your answer I assume that this will be taken care of in future updates.
Thank you for clarifying.

jfleming

Alibre Super User
I think it should print ok though, correct?

I have noticed this as well, sometimes makes it hard to select what you need to for dimensioning.

thomasqm

I think it should print ok though, correct?

I have noticed this as well, sometimes makes it hard to select what you need to for dimensioning.

I have a similar problem and the exported PDF is identical to the view in Alibre. The difference is that the part outline has the right thickness regardless of the scale. Only dimensions and other annotations have their thickness scaled.