What's new

Disappearing edge marking for the flange

Lukin

Description of an example workflow in sheet metal part mode:

1. I create a sketch, for example, a rectangle
2. Using the sheet metal function and selecting the appropriate parameters, I choose its thickness (a 3D solid is created).
3. Then I create a bend using the flange function (choose the edge I want to bend). At this point, I can use the cube in the top right corner to orient the view and look at the flange dimensions (change them) and rotate the solid in space (still no problem).
4. Confirm the creation of the flange.
5. As soon as I return to this flange in the model tree and select edit, the edge markings for creating the bend (flange) keep disappearing as I rotate the model using the cube in the upper right corner.

Does this happen to anyone else, is this correct behavior or not?

Thank you and have a nice day.

idslk

Alibre Super User
Can you make screenshots?
Doing it here, there is no visual difference.

Regards
Stefan

Lukin

1. Create a sketch.
1660748326024.png

2. Create a 3D solid.
1660748469607.png

3. Edge selection and sheet metal bending03.png

4. Moving with the view using the 3d cube (now still no problem).
1660748751256.jpeg

5. Confirmation of the selected parameters (sheet metal bend is created).
1660748805080.png

6. Option to edit the flange in the 3D model tree.
1660748971976.jpeg

7. The window for editing the flange opens
1660749026204.png

8. If I click on a point on the 3D cube, the selected edge disappears.
1660749105542.jpeg

9. The edge can be reselected (but I don't think it should disappear, I just want to rotate the view).
1660749197496.png

10. After selecting the edge again and confirming the selected parameters, everything is fine again.
1660749320209.png

A similar problem with the 3D view orientation cube was answered yesterday by user simonb65, I would like to thank him. But it was related to a problem with the measuring tool.

However, I have noticed that when I have more than one edge selected on a new flange (for example, I tried 3), this behavior does not occur and even if I select the edit flange function, I can rotate the view with the 3D cube and the edge selection stays (does not disappear), which I think is strange that sometimes the behavior is like this and sometimes it is different.

Can anyone confirm similar behavior or is the bug just with me?

I apologize for my Czech descriptions in the software view, but I think the order, description and icon images define exactly what I clicked on.

Have a nice day everyone.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Just tried a sample part and see the same behavior. With only one edge selected, and while editing the flange, clicking anywhere in the workspace will deselect the edge. If two edges are selected that does not happen, clicking in the workspace will not deselect the edges.

This is odd behavior and I agree that it should not be happening. It's not a show stopper but I think Development should take a look at this.

idslk

Alibre Super User
Sorry, but no problem here...I've opened the flange to edit. If i now click on the background the edge will be deselected. If i use the cube the edge stays selected.

1660762843191.png

Can't tell you why...

Regards
Stefan