What's new

Drawing Sheet Scale

ynnek

Sheet Scale appears to fixed at 1: 1. Regardless of your input when creating a 2D drawing. Even if I change the scale after the drawing is complete, the notation in the title block does not change. I thought this may be an issue with my custom template, but the same appears to be true when using the default drawing templates from Alibre. Alibre scaling issue.jpg

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
The "Scale" on the drawing format is (or should be) a "Field" that can be edited when a drawing is created or by double clicking the format.
Here is the Help section on drawings:

ynnek

The scale is specified when creating your drawing sheet. It is a property value of the drawing. Now it can be a plain text field. But I want the scale to reflect my viewport. If I change the scale of the view, i want it to update my title block accordingly. Which is how it was working up until v25.

Attachments

• Alibre scaling issue 2.jpg
    Alibre scaling issue 2.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 6

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello ynnek,

if you start a drawing with a scale of 1:1

1658864716310.png

you will get the scale on your drawing sheet title block

1658864771079.png

if you want to change it later you can use the RMB menu on your sheet in the explorer

1658864830766.png

the same menu as on start of a new drawing will appear, change the scale to eg 1:3

1658864918279.png

press ok

1658864962334.png

press ok again and you will get this on yout actual drawnig

1658865000530.png

ofcourse you can tweak your template to use a different field...

Regards
Stefan

ynnek

That is a work around, But previously, in v24, the scale would change to what ever scale I input while creating the drawing. Thanks for this bit of info. But many more steps.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
If you enter the scale when the New Sheet Properties dialog opens and you select the drawing template then that scale will be entered on the drawing.

1658892889030.png

1658892973556.png

If you need to change it later then you need to do as Stefan illustrated.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Check status of the 'use default view scale' check box in standard view creation dialogue. See step 8 in this section of Help

ynnek

What I realize now, is when generating the drawing, I initially choose my sheet scale as 1: 1, but then when I select my model, "Set this as Default View Scale", I can then set the sheet scale parameter to my desired value. I remember this functioning differently in the past. But I could be wrong. Old age and all. Sorry for all of the confusion. I have been an Alibre user since 2012. I am familiar with this. With that said, I think, the default view scale should be tied to the model view. If I happen to change the scale, that parameter should update accordingly. Why jump through unnecessary hoops to change the parameter in the title block if I change the view scale? Alibre scaling issue 3.jpg In my personal opinion.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
The system has to cope with mixed scales on a sheet. Your 'Default View Scale' is the usual scale for the sheet. If 'Use Default View Scale' is set, then new views will take that usual scale value. But you might have one or more views at a different scale (which you would identify separately with a view scale annotation).

As views on the same sheet can have different scales, working back from view scale to set the default value is problematic.