What's new

Drilled holes not changing with configuration

M00m137

Hi all,
I have two configurations of a part. It's basically a flat plate with some through holes (generally Extrusions) and blind holes (generally drilled Holes because I want the right profile at the bottom). In my two configurations, I have slightly different diameters on some of the through holes and some of the blind holes. This is because I'm going to 3D print the parts before getting them machined, and the 3D printer makes holes slightly too small, so I add an offset to compensate.

The extrusions work as I expect - each configuration has slightly different diameters, no problem. But this does nto seem to work for the drilled holes! If I change the drilled hole diameter, it changes in both configurations.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Also, why is hole diameter not available for control by a function, but hole depth is? This would be useful to me in adding an offset which I could define as a variable.

Matt

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Yep - you'll have to have 2 different hole features in the design, each one active in the relevant configuration (the other suppressed). The data inside a hole feature doesn't have an associated configuration lock.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Also, why is hole diameter not available for control by a function, but hole depth is? This would be useful to me in adding an offset which I could define as a variable.
I have raised this many times and in fact it came again recently.