What's new

DXF Copy & Paste

Jason

I everyone, I'm just trying something out. if I open a dxf drawing in Alibre Expert it works fine and I can modify it etc. How do I go about copying it and pasting it into a sketch into the 3d model space if it is possible at all.

Thanks.

Jason

Jason

Hi there, thanks for that. It's quite easy but I missed it some how.

I do have another issue. I created a 2d drawing template a while ago with fields that can be filled in when it is opened to create a drawing. if I fill the fields in at that point everything is fine and it shows when the template is drawing is created. If I then go into the sheet properties and try modifying what I put in originally or typing something in if I didn't on the initial creation it won't do it. Does this info have to be put in at the start or am I missing something.

Thanks.

Jason.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
To edit drawing fields (manual entry) after initial drawing creation, simply double click on the border, this will open the dialogue to enter values for the fields.

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
Hi there, thanks for that. It's quite easy but I missed it some how.

I do have another issue. I created a 2d drawing template a while ago with fields that can be filled in when it is opened to create a drawing. if I fill the fields in at that point everything is fine and it shows when the template is drawing is created. If I then go into the sheet properties and try modifying what I put in originally or typing something in if I didn't on the initial creation it won't do it. Does this info have to be put in at the start or am I missing something.

Thanks.

Jason.
David, I think I'm getting the same thing he is. You enter the info and click OK, and nothing on the titleblock changes. But if you save the print, close it, and reopen, it's all there. Seemed to start happening after I made a tweak to my template to allow me to edit the standard tolerances. It's almost like that template is bugged now because I messed with it, which was never a problem before.

I'd just assumed it had to be my old version of Alibre, my older PC, or a combination of the two.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Changes to templates do not automatically propagate to existing drawings. After making changes to the template (and saving it) you must switch the drawing to a different template and then switch back again to get the updated template.