What's new

Edit existing part with a script

otrotabi

Is it possible to open an existing part (created with the GUI interface) and edit it with a script ? Changing variable values for example ?

Is it possible to open an existing part (created with the GUI interface) and edit it with a script ? Changing variable values for example ?
I do that all the time. I create one Part defining Equation Editor values and then generate many "derivative" Parts by changing those Equation Editor values and using the SaveAs command to save ther "modified Part" to a new Name. It is a PITA to learn all the "steps" required to make it work, but it is not really that hard.

otrotabi

Dear Lew, thanks for your feedback. Just to make sure make question is clearly understood, I would like to modify the part not through the GUI Equation Editor but with an "Alibre" python script. Is this what you do ? If so, how ? Can you please tell me where to find the info ? Regards.

Dear Lew, thanks for your feedback. Just to make sure make question is clearly understood, I would like to modify the part not through the GUI Equation Editor but with an "Alibre" python script. Is this what you do ? If so, how ? Can you please tell me where to find the info ? Regards.
Yes, I use Equation Editor values to set "key Features" in my Part. I use Alibre/WizoScript to change those values and perform a SaveAs. I am currently working on a Library of "37° Hydraulic Fittings" that require a lot more "manual intervention" to create those "values," but automating the process to the greatest degree possible does help.

Great ! Could you please help ? I can´t find the reference how this is done. Regards.
Otrotabi -- I am located on the west coast of the U.S. (GMT -7). You can reach me at tangent@olympus.net. I have a GoToMeeting account so that once we set a date and time to "meet," we can be voice to ear and screen to screen to go over such things.