What's new

Encasing a part into the print

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I want to encase a battery into the print. Is there a way to insert G-Code that will pause the print and move the print nozzle out of the way, like moving to the nozzle to 0 X-Axis, so I can insert the battery? Then resume the print encasing the battery in place.

Looking at the G-Code in notepad I noticed at the beginning of each layer the layer number is commented into the code. So I can insert the require code by using notepad (or some other word processor). I can determine the layer number using Curas layers view mode. Then using notepads find function I can find the required layer. The it's a simple matter of insert the required G-Code.

Any help is appreciated :D

bigseb

Alibre Super User
I did something similar. Best thing is to print it in ABS. Print half (or part) of the battery casing, then the other half. Insert battery and then solvent weld the two halves together. Works aces.

ajayre

Alibre Super User
bigseb said:
I did something similar. Best thing is to print it in ABS. Print half (or part) of the battery casing, then the other half. Insert battery and then solvent weld the two halves together. Works aces.

Or bolt the parts together, or snap the parts together, etc, etc...