What's new

Excel add-in for Alibre 2018

markporter

Has anyone had any success in getting this working with Excel 2013 (Office 365)? I’ve got as far as having it listed as an inactive add-in under file/options in Excel, but no sign of the add-in ribbon as shown in the Alibre help topic.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I use Excel 2013 (but not Office 365) - the add-in works for me, though to be honest, I probably left the add-in from a late beta build in place. You might need to tweak Trust Centre settings. There was an issue with the 32bit 2010+ add-in at one point in the beta programme.

I presume you used the version of the add-in to match Excel (32 or 64 bit)?

If listed as inactive - try Manage COM Addins (drop down select at bottom of add-ins dialogue) , that takes you to another window where you can check or uncheck add-ins to enable/disable.

markporter

I have installed the 64bit add-in on a 64bit machine. Thanks for the tip on "Manage COM Addins". "Alibre Parameters" shows there, and I have checked it, but whenever I return to this dialog is has removed the check. I had the Add-In working on 2017 using the Excel 2007 and earlier method, so maybe I should uninstall the COM add-in and try the old approach.

AFAIK, Office 365 contains Excel 2013, but is bought using a subscription model.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
64 or 32 bit must match the Excel in use - very often 32bit even on a 64 bit machine.

Since Alibre is now 64bit only, there wouldn't be a 32bit add-in if it only had to match the OS bitness.

Microsoft recommends 32bit Office installation for the majority of users - I don't know what you have.

EDIT - I have set my entire C: drive as trusted, and have deselected the trust options for add-ins. Not sure if these are really needed or not.

markporter

Thanks David. The Office version is presumably 32bit, as it is installed in Program Files (x86). I've removed the old add-in and installed the 32bit add-in and it is working fine now.