What's new

Excel Add In Issue (Resolved)

I've been browsing the forum all day looking for a solution, but I haven't found anything that works. I am running Excel 2016 32-bit on a 64-bit Windows 10 Pro computer also running Alibre v22. I have installed both the 32 and 64 bit Excel add ins in the Alibre files, but Excel doesn't recognize them at all.

They do not appear in the Excel menu, and when I try to add them in manually, Excel gives an error that says: "'C:\Program Files\Alibre Design\Excel2010+\32Bit\AlibreParameters.vsto' is not a valid add-in".

I have tried re-installing Alibre and I have also added the location to the trusted locations in Excel, what else should I be trying?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Install ONLY the Excel 2010+ add-in version that matches the 'bitness' of your Excel installation (that's most commonly, but not always 32 bit).

Check the Trust Centre in Excel - you may have to trust the location where the add-in is.

Make sure that Analysis ToolPak, and Analysis ToolPak VBA add-ins are NOT enabled in Excel - these conflict with the Alibre Excel add-in.

If you get error messages about installation of the vsto add-in, search on-line against the error message - there are possible cache issues that you may need to address.

Hi David,

I've read your previous posts on this issue. The trust center has the location of the add-in accepted, and the analysis ToolPak and ToolPak VBA are not enabled.

How can I uninstall the 64-bit version of the add-in? Also I should mention that my main complaint is that I keep receiving messages saying the 32-bit is already installed, but Excel can't 'see' it so it doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
vsto add-ins are uninstalled from Windows Apps and Features - just like any other software. They are neither installed nor uninstalled from Excel.

[EDIT - check that the Alibre Parameters add-in is enabled under Excel COM add-ins ].