What's new

Expand Plane wireframes

Sparks Robotics

I'm a newbie. During Intro to Sheet Metal Design (page 22), of the YZ plane, the Z axis is 20 times wider than the actual Tab-Sketch I created in my Sheet Metal Part. I included a picture of the part displayed in the designer. The added arrows show the direction I want to pull the plane.

Now that I have described my question. I ponder, maybe its not something I should be concerned with? From my perspective, I think visually, it gives me a little more meat for my eyes to understand spatially what I am looking at.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Steven

Attachments

• sheet Metal Part.pdf
    58.5 KB · Views: 18

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Sparks,
Yeah, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. The image on pg 22 is showing the Default planes in their normal state BEFORE the OK button is selected. Once OK is clicked the planes will resize to what you see on pg 23 and your graphic. Just remember that planes are infinitely large, at least as large as Alibre's working envelope. You can create sketches outside the plane "borders" when creating features and they will resize once the feature is created.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Harold, I understand and appreciate your response. Thanks for your time.

Also, just note that this option exists. I'm not suggesting you change it from the default (in fact, the opposite), but at least you know it's there:

upload_2021-2-10_18-3-40.png