What's new

Expert V26 analyze tool not highlighting overlaps on a 2D sketch for sheet metal tab creation

Ty Hartnett

Trying to close a 2D sketch for the creation of a sheet metal tab in a very complex sketch. The analyzing tool shows me 1 overlap but doesn't highlight when "analyze" is clicked. Dont want to spend hours deleting and recovering mode on the entire sketch. can anyone give me a shortcut or a solution, please? many thanks, Ty

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Did you select the overlap shown in the list window?
Also, try not making the sketches so complex, break it down into several features.

Last edited:

Ty Hartnett

Did you select the overlap shown in the list window?
Also, try not making the sketches so complex. break it down into several features.
Thank you Harold for your prompt reply. Yes-selected but no highlighted area is shown. Previous versions showed this-even Atom! I take on board your wisdom in keeping things less complex! I Thought V26 would handle it. Frustrating just one overlap hiding somewhere. Thanks again H.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Usually the offending error will highlight and be noticeable. It may be that the overlap is pretty small and you may have to zoom in on some of the obvious areas where an overlap may occur in order to see it.

Ty Hartnett

Usually the offending error will highlight and be noticeable. It may be that the overlap is pretty small and you may have to zoom in on some of the obvious areas where an overlap may occur in order to see it.
Hello Harold, you are/were absolutely right! Just found a piece of "fly dirt" that I trimmed and my tab was created. had to magnify it quite a bit. thanks for being part of my learning experience, very much appreciated. Kind regards Ty.