What's new

FEM Designer gone from menu bar in V25??

simonb65

Alibre Super User
If you've installed v25 in its own directory then the FEM Designer might not be in the right place anymore for Alibre v25 to see it. It may need an update from the FEM Designer developers, or just install v25 in the original standard c:\Program Files\Alibre Design\ folder and not the c:\Program Files\Alibre Design v25.0.0.25033\ that gets suggested at install time. That's what I've done until I update my own Addons to work with the new side-by-side installs.

bobster

You are correct, the ADDON folder did not contain FEM in the new Alibre Design v25.0.0.25033 folder.
I copied the FEM folder from the old Alibre Design folder into the Addon folder in the new Alibre Design v25.0.0.25033 folder and FEM now is working.
I have contacted Jim at FEMDesigner and I'm waiting for his answer.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
You are correct, the ADDON folder did not contain FEM in the new Alibre Design v25.0.0.25033 folder.
I copied the FEM folder from the old Alibre Design folder into the Addon folder in the new Alibre Design v25.0.0.25033 folder and FEM now is working.
I have contacted Jim at FEMDesigner and I'm waiting for his answer.
You may also want to let Jim know that the new scheme is to install Add-Ons in their own directory away from the Alibre file structure, i.e. C:\Program Files\FEMDesigner\AlibreAddOn and then place a registry key that points to that directory. That change will make it future proof for Alibre updates going forward.

You may want to copy Jim on with the contents of post ... Required Registry Entry for 3rd Party Add-Ons for reference.