What's new

First Impression

Wing-Nut

First Impression what do you think???

Answer before thinking about it" First Impressions" Please!!!

Thanks! :D

Attachments

• Tutorial Deesign 1.jpeg
    Tutorial Deesign 1.jpeg
    711.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Tutorial Deesign 1b.jpeg
    Tutorial Deesign 1b.jpeg
    598.9 KB · Views: 149

Wing-Nut

Just trying out the Shelling Feature along with getting some ideas out and to test V11.1 a bit more. It seems pretty clean but there was some trouble with little triangular gaps when the Fillets were too large. I am thinking it is a Graphics Card settings issue, but not 100% sure.

Is any one else here using the Quadro FX 1700M. It doesn't have any direct settings for Alibre, just high end SW, Catia, UGS, and Pro/E.

I am curious as to how to set this card for Alibre use.

Uman

An Alibre tech recently told me the Quadro card was problematic. He did not give details. Maybe a call Alibre tech department them would be helpful.
Jeff

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Wing,
No problems here with Nvidia Quadro FX cards and the standard settings (Application driven):
DELL Workstations with
- FX 1400
- FX 1500
- FX 1700
- FX 3500/3700

IBM/Lenovo Laptops
- FX 570M
- FX 2700M

You can change/increase the settings for Alibre 3D (Parts, Assemlies...): "Antisotropic filtering" and "Antialiasing "
But in Alibre 2D (Drawings) you must go back/reduce to the standard settings, otherwise you will run in display problems.

Important is the DirectX 9.0c (We use 12/05/2008 - Version 9.25.1476).

Wing-Nut

I will check to see what driver version this lap top is running, but it is recommended by Dell that you use their drivers. Don't ask me why, it's weird.

I did do a little playing and set the Card to the Default Factory Settings. In the Alibre Home Window Tools>Options>Displays I set Advanced 2D Rendering to Detect Hardware.

It seems to be working better now.

Thanks Ralf3.

Oh BTW, would it make a difference if I was using a 19" Monitor plugged into the RGB? It came free with the Precision. The Precision has a 1280 x 800 pixel display. I use the Hot Key to initiate a single monitor.

I will check the resolution and settings for the 19" Monitor and post back.

Thanks Again Guys.

Attachments

• Graphs Settings.jpeg
    Graphs Settings.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 107

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Can you upload this 3D part as Alibre *.stp (*.zip or *.7z)?
I guess that's no problem with your Nvidia card....

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen something quite similar with an FEA package I use - in that case it isn't a graphics card/driver issue per se, the developers are aware of the issue but can't offer a solution. In that particular case a very small nudge of the model orientation gets rid of the strange triangular artefacts (almost as if it forces the display to update fully) - so it can be coped with. I don't know enough to even begin to judge if the effect you see may be in any way related, I just noticed the black triangular feature...

indesign

Alibre Super User
I have seen this it and had to do with the graphics card as well. Not sure but I think it was on a Dell system. Anyhow an update from Dell fixed the issue without me doing anything. I do not remember the card on that system though.

Hopefully your will be that easy.

Wing-Nut

The part is 30mb, and 15mb zipped. I am sending it via email to indesign. Hopefully it is a simple fix like a driver and not Alibre. LOL this will be a first.

Wing-Nut

I checked my account on Dell's site and the only driver update is for the Quadro FX 770M, not the 1700M. :cry:

Wing-Nut

ralf3 said:
Hi Wing,
No problems here with Nvidia Quadro FX cards and the standard settings (Application driven):
DELL Workstations with
- FX 1400
- FX 1500
- FX 1700
- FX 3500/3700

IBM/Lenovo Laptops
- FX 570M
- FX 2700M

You can change/increase the settings for Alibre 3D (Parts, Assemlies...): "Antisotropic filtering" and "Antialiasing "
But in Alibre 2D (Drawings) you must go back/reduce to the standard settings, otherwise you will run in display problems.

Important is the DirectX 9.0c (We use 12/05/2008 - Version 9.25.1476).

Ok I downloaded the Direct X 9.0c but I already have that as you can see below.

The only driver download is for Vista 32 bit, but this system came with XP SP3 and the option to upgrade to Vista later. See pic below.

Aslo there are a ton of other settings for CAD and CAM software. Catia, Pro/E, SW, and UGS to name a few. I added Alibre to the list as you can see below as well. Most of this is Greek to me except the one that makes the Solid Models fuzzy and blurred. I am still plagued with 20/15 vision LOL. Can any of these be changed to get rid of these little triangular patches??

Attachments

• quadro fx 1700m direct x9.0c.jpeg
    quadro fx 1700m direct x9.0c.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 113
  • quadro fx 1700m settings.jpeg
    quadro fx 1700m settings.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 129
  • quadro fx 1700m vista32bit driver.jpeg
    quadro fx 1700m vista32bit driver.jpeg
    229.1 KB · Views: 118

Wing-Nut

I think it is fixed now. There was some redesigning done along with some settings. I only hope that these new settings don't interfere with Predator Virtual CNC Simulations.

The original Shell is much thinner, radii in the corners were changed and the Bosses had to be moved a little but all in all the triangular patches are gone.

This is probably more user error than anything else. It's a good thing that this is for fun and not production.

Thanks for all your inputs.

Attachments

• Tutorial Deesign 3.jpeg
    Tutorial Deesign 3.jpeg
    660.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Tutorial Deesign 3b.jpeg
    Tutorial Deesign 3b.jpeg
    715 KB · Views: 121

dmckee101

Alibre Super User
If you are concerned about the little triangle gaps, you should run "Check Part" under the tool menu; use the Accuracy: High option.

Dennis