What's new

free alibre design

C3D

free alibre design

Does anyone know of a free CAD system that does the same thing as Alibre Design? Let me know.

MilesH

Alibre Super User

It's completely free - no time limitation. There are some functional limitations, of course, but there are separate modules that you can buy to add just what you require, if needed.

Johnber

I just loaded design express
I am working through tutorial and cannot get "mirror" function to work.
Is this a limitation?

Licence key also indicates that product will expire in 30 days.
Can someone elaborate?

MilesH

Alibre Super User
Re:

Johnber said:
Is this a limitation?

I don't think so. In what way does it not work?

MilesH

Alibre Super User

There are 2 Mirror commands - one is 2D for Sketching (the icon in the Sketch toolbar) - the other is a Mirror for Features (in the Features menu).

The Sketch Mirror tool is only available within Sketch mode...

moyesboy

Alibre Super User

I think parrhaps all the alibre xpress licences show that they will expire at the same time, but in fact they are all supposed to carry on working.
At worst you will nedd to connect to the internet to get it to renew.

rbrian

Re:

Johnber said:
Is this a limitation?

Licence key also indicates that product will expire in 30 days.
Can someone elaborate?
You need to Register (I believe) to extend that to year end, or something like that, later it gets updated / extended - it's just (as far as I know) a record keeping date after registering.

Mirror in the Features - mirror across a plane, but in sketch, accross a Reference line - other than that - not sure about the icon issue.

For a tutorial - that covers Mirror in sketch mode - I have a sample on the http://www.instructables.com web site - in the CAD Group - See the Aug. 14th Alibre Press release for mor info - and go to the instructables link!

See the Table Napkin Holder.

Robert