What's new

Free Design book

tk1247

Not sure if I missed this somewhere, but I notice on the Alibre Website that a 740 pg Alibre Design e-book is being given away with new license purchases. Does anyone know if this is available for free for current licensees?

Reactions: MKR

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
There is another thread about this, What I think I know is that it is free for new licenses and renewed maintenance. Talk to Sales and see what they have to say about it.

gwbruce

I spoke with Chris through the chat that comes up on the web page. I was able to purchase of the book with his help. I know a lot of the stuff in the book but there is a lot of stuff I didn't know either. Even if you know it the fact you have a good reference for things that you don't use very often is a big plus. I am really glad they published the book.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
I know a lot of the stuff in the book but there is a lot of stuff I didn't know either
Hi gwbruce,
Please let me know if the book shows the topics of Global Parametric (Interrelation ship variables) and scripts. I don't saw this in the index.

gwbruce

Hi gwbruce,
Please let me know if the book shows the topics of Global Parametric (Interrelation ship variables) and scripts. I don't saw this in the index.
Giov, I can't find anything in the index or table of contents that refers to Global Parametric variables or Scripts. Since this is a book aimed at beginners and intermediate users I would assume that those topics are for more advanced users. Hopefully there will be a second book

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Giov, I can't find anything in the index or table of contents that refers to Global Parametric variables or Scripts. Since this is a book aimed at beginners and intermediate users I would assume that those topics are for more advanced users. Hopefully there will be a second book
Thanks gwbruce

Max

Administrator
Staff member
The book is also free to Alibre Design Pro and Expert customers on active maintenance. We just sent an email out with a download link to such customers in geographies we service directly. If you didn't get it, it may be because you're working with a reseller and you should ask them for the link. We're rolling it out to the channel right now so give them a few days before asking.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
The book is also free to Alibre Design Pro and Expert customers on active maintenance. We just sent an email out with a download link to such customers in geographies we service directly. If you didn't get it, it may be because you're working with a reseller and you should ask them for the link. We're rolling it out to the channel right now so give them a few days before asking.
That Is Awesome! Thank You!

jfnewman

Thank you

tk1247

I got the email......Thanks, Max!

I'm an Alibre Expert customer with maintenance but didn't get the email, was even going to buy it before running across this thread. How do I get the free version?

MKR

Not sure if I missed this somewhere, but I notice on the Alibre Website that a 740 pg Alibre Design e-book is being given away with new license purchases. Does anyone know if this is available for free for current licensees?
Thanks for mentioning it, I'm on pro maintenance but hadn't received an email. I wrote to the dealer and got the link. Even though I've been using Alilbre professionally for 12 years now, I've still had a few aha moments when flipping through it :)