What's new

Getting my SpacePilot Pro tomorrow!

GaretDH

After years of unrequited and unabashed lust, my 3DConnexion SpacePilot Pro should be in the UPS delivery tomorrow.

What do others here think of the interoperability with Alibre/GM? Any special things I ought to know about? What are your favorite key shortcuts?

Feels like Christmas Eve.

wildwood58

I use a space navigator, and can't imagine modeling without it ! it worked great with Alibre 2012 EXP & works great with geomagic 2013 EXP

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
It may just be me, but depending on size of the design being worked upon (or even how close I'm zoomed in) my brain wants to switch between 'moving the design' and 'moving the point of view'.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
GaretDH said:
After years of unrequited and unabashed lust, my 3DConnexion SpacePilot Pro should be in the UPS delivery tomorrow.

*insert envy smiley here*

GaretDH said:
Feels like Christmas Eve.

I may actually have to wait til then... and even then I'll have to choose between that or a midi controller for my home studio... :|

heidtwd

I've used the Space Pilot and the Space Navigator both and have found that my workflow is better suited to the simpler Space Navigator used only to move through the model space. I always found the programmable keys and screen display more of a distraction than a help, but I'd be lost without the Space Navigator model manipulation functions.