What's new

Graphic cards : display troubles

Graphic cards : display troubles

hello

One of our customers had troubles with an intel 82845 integrated graphic card. He can see sketches, dimensions, except dimensions'values !!!

I solved the problem by decreasing the "hardware acceleration" in the "solving problems" tab of "advanced" dialog, from the display properties of windows desktop.

regards

Gerard

This same thing happened to me after attempting to upgrade the graphics driver for my nVidia card. Dimension values in 2D smeared themselves all over the screen when zooming. Restoring the system to its previous condition cured it. The existing driver frequently crashes the machine though but I've learned to live with it.

Re:

Gerard said:
This same thing happened to me after attempting to upgrade the graphics driver for my nVidia card. Dimension values in 2D smeared themselves all over the screen when zooming. Restoring the system to its previous condition cured it. The existing driver frequently crashes the machine though but I've learned to live with it.
Interesting. I also experience such things in drawing workspaces, since AD v7sp1, with various NVidia Cards and drivers. It tends to decrease with the new AD v8.2, but is still there sometimes.

jemmej

No offense, but I would NEVER use an integrated graphics card for any 3D modelling (and rarely for viewing).

I'm not saying you "cannot" I'm just saying that I "would not". Too many problems without concrete solutions.

I realize this doesn't directly answer your question, but, I just don't think it makes good technical sense to run a 3D modelling application on integrated graphics cards.

Jim

jwknecht

Alibre Super User

Just by coincidence, I have purchased AD for my day job and have no choice but to load on some of the std desktops that have the same integrated graphics adapter. I have no issues, but here is what I did first:

1. Made sure I did all relevant Windows Updates (not just the critical ones_.

2. Downloaded and installed the latest graphics driver. For this driver go to the Intel site at: http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts ... Intel.aspx

3. loaded direct x 9.0c (for AD 8.2 this is required).

4. loaded AD and the add ins.

5. all is working well. No display issues.

I agree that I would not recommend using integrated graphics, but hey it works on these PCs (at least for the majority of the work that this group will be doing).

jemmej

I understand your point John. My only thing (and I realize I'm just being a pain in the you-know-what :)) is to fight the prevailing mentality in management that spends money on the software it needs, but not on the hardware needed to run the software it just bought. Given the cost of AD, it would not break the budget to spend $60 per computer for a stand-alone graphics card.

Sorry, I'll get off of my soap box now and stop hijacking this thread! :)

Jim

bray

I am running a NVidia card (FX5200). and am have trouble in 2d drawing with dimensions showing and when you crab a view and drag it, it leave a mess all over the screen. I have tried adjusting the hardware acceleration, and I loose the screen all together. The only thing I have gotten to help was to not use dashed hidden lines. I changed them to a solid, light grey in the layer manager. This worked on my xp system at home, but on the win2K systems at work, it only reduced the problem....