What's new

Has anyone else gotten an email from 3D Systems?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I just got an email from 3D Systems informing me that all my contact data will be transferred to Oqton, which they just acquired, and offered an Opt Out.
I chose to opt out since I don't have or want anything from 3D Systems.

Seems like they are still in the acquisition business.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Seems like they are still in the acquisition business.
Companies like 3D Systems are just acquisition businesses, like a former employer of mine Trimble. They increase share price by buying out technology companies, absorb the IP and customer base, then streamline by closing the original acquisition company down. I see this kind of company across all the sectors I work in and do work for ... it ends up just being a brand, not a true engineering company!

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Companies like 3D Systems are just acquisition businesses, like a former employer of mine Trimble. They increase share price by buying out technology companies, absorb the IP and customer base, then streamline by closing the original acquisition company down. I see this kind of company across all the sectors I work in and do work for ... it ends up just being a brand, not a true engineering company!
Hence our experience with the "Geomagic" incarnation of Alibre Design.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
A bubble?